I'm trying to visit the blogging world on a more regular basis but I'm having transportation issues. Operating under the premise that siskiss is about keeping friends and family in the loop with our lives and most especially the girls' lives, I had envisioned this as basically a site of photos with captions. HA! In the past 6 months one digital camera died and was replaced. The successor? Down for the count in under 4 months. We are without a digital camera at the moment. Living off of borrowed cameras, not-so-cheap digital disposables, and the kindness of strangers means serious delay in production. So...we started taking more video footage, hoping someday to be savvy enough to figure out how to load those to the site. HA! Video camera has now been laid to rest with digital cameras 1 & 2. Add to that, the last 3 times I tried to add what few pics we have taken to the site, they popped up in thumbnail size. Way too tiny for viewing.
What to do?
Well, clearly a major shopping spree is in order but until we can steel ourselves to spend our beloved hard earned cash, I've spent some time looking at old pics. We have thousands and thousands that have accumulated over the past 3.5 years since we became parents. So I thought to myself why not post in retrospective fashion? Since I'm not linear in any other aspect of my life, why should chronology matter now? That brings me to flickr. Mind you, I'm still working on mastering the most rudimentary principles of running a blog. New post, spell check, insert photo, publish are the commands I feel comfortable with. Any instructions that start with the phrase, "To edit Html..." cause me to break out into a cold sweat. But apparently by using flickr and the cut and paste tool one can insert mini photo albums into one's blog at random and with ease. Hence the funny collection of photos you see in the side bar. I had played around with flickr 4 years ago and at that point had downloaded a few pics for experimentation sake. My learning curve is steep but since I actually managed to get something on the site I'm hopeful! Yea me! Perhaps flickr will be the answer to one of my problems. So...check back soon for photos of my actual children. Though baby Nolan on the day of is birth is enough to put a smile on anyone's face.
1 comment:
WOW...Your blog is just beautiful
Kristine. You have a gift at writing and did a wonderful job. I am very proud of you! Of course I enjoyed hearing about my little girls and seeing the pictures. It took awhile to read it, but it was worth every minute. Love to all
Grandma Randall
Post a Comment