So here I am.
Meanwhile, time has flown by. My girls are way bigger. Major life events have occurred. A thousand plays have been performed in the living room, hair styles have changed, and much cuteness has gone undocumented. Good golly, what will sustain me through the teenage years if I can't relive the cuteness???
Not that I have anything major to report today--not much more than to say I think it's time to come back to the blogging world.
In the name of memory keeping, it might be nice to note that today is Thanksgiving. I'm cooking the turkey, stuffing, wild rice (a Grandpa Wesley Native American tradition), and slapping together a relish tray. Yesterday I made a Guinness Gingerbread Cake and have plans to smother it with whip cream and eat most of it myself after dinner. We'll be loading up our food and walking the 40 feet or so over to our neighbors for a celebration of friendship--one that we are extremely thankful for.
Otherwise it has been a fairly quiet morning. Bacon and cinnamon rolls for breakfast while we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a lovely performance by our daughters entitled "Joy To the World Confetti Surprise!" (No surprise as to who vacuumed after), a pie-run (3 miles to earn myself unlimited slices later on...that's how it works and don't try to tell me otherwise because I am not receiving any information on that subject at this time), and being thankful for all sorts of things, especially my beloved family.
1 comment:
You are completely correct that FB cannot replace the friendships developed in the blogging community, nor is it a good record keeper. For one thing, FB is not a good place to meet new friends, but rather a place to connect with current friends. People read our blogs whether randomly finding it or clicking on a name left in the comment section.
FB does not archive events like a blog and it does not have room to tell a story and create a memory like a blog.
However, I do like to use FB to just give snarky and fun comments or updates and let people know I've updated my blog.
The girls are growing up so fast I can't quite believe it. Julia and Mimi are beautiful as always.
Post a Comment