Mark was in the kitchen when he heard Mimi's cries. She and Julia were sitting on the couch together. Julia was holding the toy Mimi had previously been playing with. Mimi was nursing a fresh scratch on her hand.
"What happened to Mimi's hand?" Mark asked, feigning a lack of understanding to give Julia the opportunity to come clean.
"Well..." Julia began as she fumbled for words, "Mimi had it first, then I had it, then Mimi tried to take it back when all of a sudden Bella jumped up into the air and scratched Mimi with her claw then ran away."
Bella the cat is 15 years old, weighs about 15 pounds (7 of which is over limit) and is not known for either her agility or speed. Besides which, she was sleeping in the basement at the time.
You do the math.
2 comments:
Well, gotta give her credit for trying! Wait until Mimi starts really forming sentences and Julia won't have a chance to lie! Nothing like a little sister who relishes the chance to get her big sister in trouble (Of course, I have no experience in that. I was the PERFECT younger sister to my older sister - cough!) :)
Julia's got a future in international relations, I'd think
Post a Comment