Saturday, October 04, 2008

Mimi-isms: Updated with 2 more gems


Someday Mimi will fully realise her role as the queen of the Malapropism. She has the funniest way of using words and twisting them around. Occasionally, she will invent her own pronunciations and other times she will use a similar sounding word out of context. Her love of thumb-sucking has made certain sounds difficult to say but there is another force at work here, too. I can't quite put my finger on it but it goes along with the funny free-spirit that Mimi was born to be. She moves through life with humor, sweetness, tons of energy and is definitely more interested in the "big picture" than the small, inconvenient details of this world. To put it another way, I will be totally gob-stopped if I ever see her reading an instruction manual in her life. Just like her mama!


Here are a few Mimi-isms off the top of my head:


Divios = DVD/video. Common usage: "Can we watch a Wiggles divio today?"

Melchie = Miss Melody. Commono usage: "Do I get to go to Melchie's dance class today?"

Wowie = lolly. Common usage: "la, la, la, la, wowie pop" (We're working on making that "L" sound.)

Only = lonely. Common usage: "Please stay with me while I fall asleep so I won't be only."

Tortiwiwa = Tortilla. Common usage: "Mama, thank you for making me this yummy tortiwiwa!"

Hullakablooey = Hullabaloo (a game by the folks at Cranium). Common usage: "Let's play a game of Hullakablooey!"

Sponge the Bobbed = Sponge Bob Square Pants
New Gems:
Calendater = Calender
Scurlers = Squirrels

No comments: