Poor Julia has a virus. It doesn't really surprise me when I think about it--we've been so busy that something had to give and it looks like Julia's immune system was it. She started first grade a two weeks ago, began a new session of dance classes and started running cross country. While we've been really good about getting to bed early every night, I can tell she's been dragging. I don't really think she is overbooked...just stressed with so much happening all at once. What does surprise me is that she is the only one ailing. I have a feeling we are all on the brink of illness.
While Julia watches videos and reads on the couch, I have, at least been able to finally get some things done around the house. Between starting the school year, preparing for curriculum night, shuttling girls around, and various celebrations, I'm feeling the need to dial it back a bit, too. Which is, actually, what getting sick is usually all about for me. Forced relaxation. But in the meantime, I fully intend to get to the bottom of my laundry bin while Julia recuperates today. It will be great to collapse onto clean sheets when my system finally crashes.
No comments:
Post a Comment